Saturday 26 October 2013

Fabregas wants Arsenal return

Fabregas wants Arsenal return



Cesc Fabregas
Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has spoken about returning to former club Arsenal before the end of his career.
The Spanish star joined Arsenal from Barcelona’s youth system as a 16-year-old in 2003 and went on to become club captain.
Fabregas returned to Barcelona in 2011 but believes he will always be welcome back in London, whether that is in a playing or coaching capacity.
“(Arsenal’s) a club that is always going to be there and will always open its doors to me,” Fabregas told The Guardian.
“The club’s like a family so even if it wasn’t as a coach, I’m sure they’d give me the chance to play a role.
“Arsenal is in my heart and always will be.
“I don’t know if I’ll have the opportunity to go back and play there one day, or maybe after football.”
The 26-year-old creative playmaker has won the La Liga, Copa del Rey and UEFA Super Cup since moving back to Camp Nou but a lack of success in England still holds regrets.
“I wish I’d gone (from Arsenal) with a title,” Fabregas said.
“I’ll always have that thorn in my side, though, that sadness.”
When asked why Arsenal failed to win the English Premier League in his time at the club, Fabregas replied: “I don’t know, there are lots of things; there was always something.